Simcoe County’s own City of Barrie continues to be one of Canada’s fastest growing and dynamic cities. An expansive beach-lined waterfront overlooking Kempenfelt Bay, numerous restaurants and exciting nightlife only begin to cover what Barrie has to offer – and that’s only within the city! Barrie is located at the heart of it all, central to Toronto, cottage-country, unbeatable skiing and picturesque wilderness, and a half hour from some of Ontario’s most sought-after destinations. Experience our historic downtown, relax in one of our many beautiful parks and indulge in any of our exciting events and you’ll see what everyone else has been talking about!
The nearest airport is Toronto Pearson International Airport YYZ – 1 hour south of Barrie.
Short Term Accommodations
These local hotels and resorts offer special rates for skaters, large groups and their families. https://www.tourismbarrie.com/ Be sure to ask for Mariposa School of Skating Rates.
Hampton Inn & Suites Barrie
Booking our hotel is simple! Individual reservations can be made by calling the Hotel directly
Hampton Inn ; Suites by Hilton Barrie is the preferred hotel for Mariposa School of Skating in 2023. It is our top priority to assist you with exceeding the individual needs of each of your guests. I’m excited to share the following aspects of our property to make your guests’ stay as comfortable and a “home away from home.”
- Free hot breakfast offered daily, allowing your guests to start their day off right without an additional
- We also alternate menu items so your guests will experience a variety of hot and cold options
during their stays.
- Free high-speed and Wireless Internet access in all guestrooms and lobby, allowing your guests to easily stay connected to their customers and family while at the hotel.
- Our Perfect Mix Lobby provides a warm and inviting place to meet for breakfast or to work on your
laptop in the evenings.
- Guests have the option to earn both HHonors points; airline miles.
Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Barrie 1- 705-737-9999
Georgian Summer Suites www.stayrcc.com 1-705-722-5190
The City of Barrie is approximately:
- 2.5 hours from Niagara Falls – www.niagarafallstourism.com
- 1 hour from Muskoka – www.discovermuskoka.ca
- 2 hours from Algonquin Park – www.algonquinpark.on.ca
- 2 hours from Haliburton – www.experiencehaliburton.com