- Mariposa School of Skating will not sell, exchange, loan or make available to other organizations any personal information that you have provided to us without your prior express consent.
- Mariposa School of Skating will keep all personal information confidential and will have safeguards to protect that information whether in print, electronic or other form; and
- Mariposa School of Skating will make available to you, upon request, your personal information that is on file and will correct, amend or delete information at your request unless otherwise required by law.
Personal Information and Purpose of Collection
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) governs privacy of information. Personal information is the information that relates to you as an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include business information (e.g., an individual’s business address and telephone number).
Mariposa School of Skating will only collect personal information for purposes that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Membership and registration for programs, activities, and events.
- Purchasing equipment and other products.
- Receiving communications from Mariposa School of Skating regarding programs, events, activities, and fundraising.
- Award nominations, biographies, published articles and media relations.
- Promotional materials (e.g., photographs, videos, posters, displays).
When requesting information from you to fulfill the purposes, we will inform you of the reason for the collection and that providing such information is deemed consent to its collection, use and disclosure. We will endeavor to provide you with as much detail as possible so that you are making a meaningful and informed decision. If any new or additional purposes are identified, we will contact you for your consent.
Consent, Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will never intentionally disclose any personal information about you as an individual (such as, for example, your full name, street address, telephone number, credit card number or e-mail address) to any third party without having received your permission.
Mariposa School of Skating does not sell, exchange, rent or lease its membership or registration lists to third parties without your prior express consent. Mariposa School of Skating may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail address, name, street address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. Mariposa School of Skating may, however, share data with trusted partners to help us perform a statistical analysis. In such a case, we request that the partner limit the use of your personal information to the provision of the services to Mariposa School of Skating, and we request that they maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
Mariposa School of Skating may share aggregate statistical information with our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties, but we will not share any personal information. For example, we may use a third-party advertising company to serve advertisements when you visit our website. We may share demographic and preference information with this company to allow them to display appropriate advertisements for you.
We have the following exceptions regarding the disclosure of your personal information: we will disclose your personal information, without notice, (a) to comply with any valid legal inquiry, order or process served on Mariposa School of Skating; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Mariposa School of Skating; and, (c) to protect the personal safety of users of Mariposa School of Skating, or the public. We may also transfer user information, including personally identifiable information, to a successor corporate entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate change.
Personal information will be retained for certain periods of time in accordance with the following:
- Membership and program registration data and athlete information will be retained indefinitely for the sake of historical record and tracking purposes.
- Registration data for programs, clinics, camps, and competitions may be retained indefinitely after the event for record purposes.
- Credit card information will be destroyed immediately upon completion of a financial transaction when provided verbally. Credit card information is saved by a third party company when purchasing memberships and passes in Punchpass. Mariposa School of Skating reserves the right to push payments on memberships which have been agreed upon when purchased in Punchpass. For example, a monthly member payment has failed, we may push the payment to complete the transaction at a later date. Mariposa School of Skating will not charge push payments on any transaction which was not agreed upon at the time of purchase.
- As otherwise may be stipulated in federal or provincial legislation.
Electronic records are subject to limited access by authorized personnel who must use passwords and other security measures. Print records containing personal information are subject to physical protection such as locked rooms or cabinets, accessible only to authorized personnel.
When you visit the Mariposa School of Skating website, steps will be taken to respect and protect your privacy. Mariposa School of Skating automatically collects generic, non-personal information about visits to our website. Mariposa School of Skating does not collect personal information such as names, ages, phone numbers, street addresses or email addresses from visitors to our website. Any personal information collected on our website is provided voluntarily by our visitors when purchasing programs or services. This personal information is not shared with any third party. Mariposa School of Skating does collect selected visitor information such as IP addresses, return visits from past guests, referring pages, pages visited, and time spent on the website. This non-personally identifiable information is collected in order to obtain statistical analysis of website traffic patterns, administer our website and servers, and improve our services. Mariposa School of Skating will collect data in aggregate form and data is not recorded or stored about individual visitors.
We keep track of the pages our customers visit within Mariposa School of Skating, in order to determine what Mariposa School of Skating programs/services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Mariposa School of Skating to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. (I say leave this just to cover any future use of the website.)
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Mariposa School of Skating pages, or register with Mariposa School of Skating sites or services, a cookie helps Mariposa School of Skating to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, etc. When you return to the Mariposa School of Skating website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Mariposa School of Skating features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Mariposa School of Skating services or website.
Links To Other Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the contents or links that appear on these sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their contents and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies, or no policy (policies) at all. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
Access To/Correction of Information
If you would like to review any personal information we have retained about you, please send us an e-mail request at email@example.com. To help us address your request, please specify which information you wish to review. Once you have reviewed this information, at your request we will correct or update your personal information. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
November 1, 2022