Janice’s specialty is creating a yearly plan for athletes that facilitates growth and personal development while pursuing personal skating goals. As a base coach, Janice encourages a team based approach to learning in a fun and positive atmosphere. Using this approach, Janice has successfully taught athletes from the grassroots to Olympic level success.
In Janice’s 30 year coaching career she has been successful in developing Local, National and International level competitive skaters. A few of her most memorable accomplishments:
- Coaching Provincial, National and International medalists
- Coached at 15 National Championships including Canada and South Africa.
- Coached at many International and Junior Grand Prix events
- Team coach for Ontario Winter Games in 2012 and 2018
- Team coach for Canada Winter Games in 2019.
- Facilitated seminars at the club, provincial, national and international level.
- Coach/consultant to athletes from countries such as Canada, South Africa, Malaysia, Chinese Taipei, Korea, Australia, Turkey, Iran, India, Germany, Austria, USA, Great Britain and Switzerland
- Establishing the pair program at the Mariposa School of Skating
Available to facilitate seminars at the club provincial national and international level.
Janice trained as a skater the Mariposa School of Skating and competed at the National Level.
She obtained her Gold Free Skate, Gold Dances, Gold Figure, Gold Interpretive Dance, Senior Competitive & Novice Pairs tests. Janice has been a Skate Canada professional coach since 1992 and is well on her way to becoming Level 4 certified.