Co-Owner of Mariposa School of Skating
Skating Development Coach with the Toronto Maple Leafs
Mariposa Hockey Skating Director
NCCP Certified National Coach
25+ years skating instruction experience
Action First Aid Standard First Aid Certified
As a full-time professional skating instructor for over 25 years, I have been fortunate to be able to work with elite athletes both in hockey and figure skating throughout my career. My unique role at the Internationally renowned Mariposa School of Skating is that of a specialty coach dealing only with edges, power, and skating technique for skaters of all levels and ages.
As a long-time hockey player, I have taken that skating experience and knowledge and then carefully applied it to hockey players to help produce players that are not only faster but more balanced and agile. To date I have worked with and continue to work with players in minor hockey, junior hockey, NCAA, and many professional hockey leagues including the NHL. In 2022 I joined the Toronto Maple Leafs player development team in a skating development role.
I am a believer in the concept of developing “individual skill”, and from that belief helping players get out of their comfort zones to build a better skating foundation. Once that foundation starts to build the player can begin to improve and expand their skating skill set to include weapons for a wide variety of situations on the ice. For more information about my hockey skating training please visit Evolution Skating Development.
- Skating Development Coach Toronto Maple Leafs
- Skating Development Coach OHL Barrie Colts
- Skating Development Coach OWHA Barrie Jr Sharks
- Skating Development Coach Barrie Zone AAA Colts
- Coach of National, International, and Olympic competitors
- 7 Time National competitor (3 years at the Senior Level)
- Conducted numerous seminars across Canada
- Coached at numerous Canadian championships