Synchro Head Coach position
Mariposa School of Skating is hiring an independent contractor to be the Head Coach for Synchro Mariposa. The goal is to field 4 teams in the 2021 season with the aim of increasing the number of teams over the next few years including adults. The head coach would be responsible for creating a development plan to see teams through to the National Level. The candidate will oversee the current coaching support team listed below and work with them to develop plans for the organization. The head coach will have access to the existing Mariposa School of Skating world-class infrastructure, including the existing Mariposa synchro coaching support team consisting of:
Trinette Goarley – Synchro Coordinator(Administration)
Cathy Gillespie- Coach Consultant
Amanda Masin- Jr Development Coach
Lindsay Arnold- Off-Ice Development Lead Instructor
Mitchell Islam – Skating Skills Development
Azure-Dee Perkins – Office Manager
Hourly rate: to be determined on a candidate qualification/experience basis
Hours of commitment: The head Coach will be responsible for creating their annual training plan in consultation with the Mariposa administrative team. Possibility of gaining additional coaching opportunities at the Barrie Skating Club and Mariposa School of Skating
- Regional Coach In-Training status or higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following a review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Experience with coaching synchro 4+ years
- Record of experience in skating and coaching
Qualified applicants, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline February 28th