This program is for Hockey players and Ringette players. Mariposa School of Skating is committed to providing sessions that possess the optimal training environment. Each session will be provided instruction from coaches under the direction of Paul Matheson (Paul will only be present at limited sessions). Integrating fundamentals from Paul’s Edge & Balance program with power skating and fundamental skating instruction allows skaters to benefit from summer skating development.
- Program runs for 7 weeks (Skaters may choose 1-5 days per week for up to 7 weeks)
- Full Day includes 2 ice sessions and an off ice conditioning class
- Drop in sessions are permitted, space permitting
- All skaters must pre-register for each class online and check-in in person
- All sessions max 23 skaters
- All sessions will be divided into groups according to the skaters level.
Hockey Skating classes may be purchased as a weekly program, a daily program or as drop in.
Drop ins have moved to a Punch Card system. This self-serve system allows for total scheduling flexibility. Buy a pass and then create a PunchPass account to reserve the classes you want.
Please reserve all of the class times you want in advance. You can cancel any class within 24 hours of the class starting and reserve an alternate class.
WHEN REGISTERING, IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES USING PUNCHPASS, PLEASE REFER TO THIS LINK https://skatemariposa.com/punchpass-tutorials/
|10:25 am – 11:30 am(65min)||Conditioning||ARC Conditioning Room|
|12:35 pm – 1:20 pm(45min)||Session||Red Rink Including Hockey Camp|
|3:50 pm – 4:50 pm(60min)||Session||Blue Rink Including Hockey Camp|
|12:25 pm – 1:10 pm (45min)||Session||Red Rink|
|3:15 pm – 4:15 pm (60min)||Session||Blue Rink|
Mariposa Code of Conduct and Expectations
As a member of Mariposa School of Skating, there is an expectation to represent our organization in a respectful and responsible manner. When at practice, functions, competitions, exhibitions, it is of the utmost importance that Parents, Skaters, Coaches, Team managers, and supporters affiliated with Mariposa School of skating adhere to the following expectations;
•Always behave in a professional and courteous manner
• Arrive on time and be prepared
• Follow the expectations and requests of your coaches
• Be respectful to other parents, skaters, coaches, player, competitors, officials, and volunteers
• Do not negatively comment on other players, competitors, coaches.
• Abide by Skate Canada’s Code of Ethics and Skate Canada’s Parent Code of Conduct
• Refrain from using profanity
• On sessions skaters will maintain a high level of respect, professionalism and training intensity.
All skaters must register online, complete Skate Ontario Waiver,