You may purchase a membership to be put on a waitlist. If we have enough demand for an extra session, we will be able to accommodate that. In the event that the restrictions ease to ORANGE you will be first in line for reservations. If we do not end up being able to accommodate you, the pass will be fully refunded.
- Skaters will have passed Canskate stage 5 OR approved by Program CO-Ordinator
- Lessons delivered for STAR 1-5 Skate Canada Tests in Freeskate, Skills, and Dance.
- 30 minutes of group instruction delivered by a Mariposa Coach per day.
- Tuesday and Thursday Off-Ice Jump Class 4:25-4:45
- Tuesday and Thursday On-Ice sessions 5:00-6:20
- Test day is scheduled for Thursday, May 13th during your session
Please read before purchase
DUE TO RED ZONE RESTRICTIONS, WE WILL HAVE A NEW POLICY REGARDING SPRING SCHOOL MARIPOSA MEMBERS AND BARRIE SKATING CLUB MEMBERS ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY.
DUE TO OUR LIMITED AVAILABILITY ON SESSIONS, OUT-OF-TOWN/NON-REGULAR SKATERS WILL BE BUMPED FROM FULL SESSIONS TO A WAITLIST TO ACCOMMODATE MARIPOSA’S FULL-TIME MEMBERS, AS WELL AS BARRIE SKATING CLUB MEMBERS. NO NEW SKATERS FROM GREY/LOCKDOWN ZONES CAN BE ACCOMMODATED.
We are presently only taking reservations for 10 skaters per session as there are mandated restrictions from the government on Ontario. We are asking that you please enroll on the waiting list if the session is at capacity. If we are not restricted, we will increase our session numbers.
Procedures Affecting Users Outside of Simcoe Muskoka:
After consultation with and following the advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City has implemented some changes to ensure our area residents have access to our programs at our recreation centers. Mariposa can not accommodate any users that are living in the gray zone.
Skate Mariposa’s Return to play Protocols
Updates Covid-19 Skate Ontario Waiver to be completed once for the skating season 2020/2021.
Mariposa continues to adapt and embrace frequent changes from the Government of Ontario, Skate Ontario, Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit, and the City of Barrie while adhering to our principles of safety for all our stakeholders and the community while providing meaningful development opportunities to the skater while following the ever-changing COVID-19 restrictions.
After consulting with the City of Barrie it was decided, for the safety of all in the facility, that parents would not be allowed to watch their skaters sessions, until further notice.
Procedures Affecting Users Outside of Simcoe Muskoka:
After consultation with and following the advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City has implemented some changes to ensure our area residents have access to our programs at our recreation centers. Mariposa can not accommodate any users that are living in the grey zone.
This ensures that we are partners who have the safety of the community at the forefront and promotes Mariposa as an organization that can deal with keeping our athletes and coaches on the ice safely.
- Participants will be granted entry to the rink a maximum of 15 minutes before their scheduled ice time and must exit immediately after the next group goes on the ice. If there isn’t a group on after your session, you must exit the facility immediately after.
- the warm-up area can not be used at this time, please warm-up prior to entering the rink.
- If you have back-to-back sessions the skater must switch their seat.
- All participants entering the facility must wear a face mask. Skaters will be permitted to remove their face masks when they enter the ice surface but must put the mask back once their session is completed.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times on the ice surface. Skaters and coaches must remain 6 feet away at all times.
- The washrooms are for emergency use only. It is not a change room. It will be limited to 3 people at a time and will be disinfected regularly. Users must sanitize their hands outside the washroom before entering and wash their hands thoroughly after using the washroom.
- Participants must bring their own filled water bottle.
- Participants are asked to bring their own tissues.
- The Mariposa office will remain closed.
- Upon registration, all payments must be made in advance on the website or via e-transfer and paid in full.
While this can be truly disruptive to your schedule – no exceptions are being made. Mariposa School of Skating is bound by the guidelines as set by the Provincial Sporting Organization. Under no circumstances will the Skating Club risk disciplinary action and fines due to non-compliance. In the event that you are not compliant, after one warning, The Club has the right to revoke your registration without refund.
Thanks for your understanding and anticipated cooperation.
An individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19
- If an individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone is aware of an individual that becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, that individual must immediately stop participation in club or skating school activities.
• The individual should be isolated from all others in a well-ventilated area, or outside and provided with a non-medical face mask if one is available
• The individual shall be sent home and instructed to follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing
• The facility should be informed in order to determine if any areas need to be closed off and/or require additional cleaning/disinfecting
• A member of the COVID-19 Oversight Group should be informed of the situation and should contact the individual or their parent/guardian to determine if next steps are being taken regarding testing
We would like to inform you of the individuals who will be acting as the COVID-19 Oversight Group as we transition back to skating activities. The following people will comprise this COVID-19 Oversight Group.
Paul Matheson Co-Owner 705.321.3414 firstname.lastname@example.org
David Islam Co-Owner 705-241-4171 email@example.com
Azure-Dee Perkins Office Team 705-333-3385 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinette Goarley Office Team 705-623-1227 email@example.com
Should you have any questions about any aspects of the Return to Play protocols or other policies and
procedures related to COVID-19, please contact one of the individuals above