This program, coached by Scott Grover, is for Hockey players and Ringette players. Mariposa School of Skating is committed to providing sessions that possess the optimal training environment. We believe strongly that limiting session participants and maintaining our coach-to-player ratio is critical to the player’s ability to improve and wish to ensure that the players that have registered are getting maximum attention and value for their session. Players are required to wear full equipment for their session.
- The program runs for 6 weeks Monday and Wednesday 6:00-7:50pm
- The program runs 2 days a week (2 one hour classes)
- All skaters must pre-register for each class online and check-in in person
- All sessions max 10 skaters per class
- All sessions will be divided into groups according to the skater’s level.
- This program requires full equipment
- Reservations must be canceled 24 hours before class, otherwise, you will be charged for the class. No exceptions.
As a member of Mariposa School of Skating, there is an expectation to represent our organization in a respectful and responsible manner. When at practice, functions, competitions, exhibitions, it is of the utmost importance that Parents, Skaters, Coaches, Team Managers, and supporters affiliated with Mariposa School of skating adhere to the following expectations;
•Always behave in a professional and courteous manner
• Arrive on time and be prepared
• Follow the expectations and requests of the club.
• Be respectful to other parents, skaters, coaches, player, competitors, officials, and volunteers
• Do not negatively comment on other players, competitors, coaches.
• Abide by Skate Canada’s and Hockey Canada Code of Ethics and Parent Code of Conduct
• Refrain from using profanity
- Participants will be granted entry to the rink a maximum of 15 minutes before their scheduled ice time and must exit immediately after the next group goes on the ice. If there isn’t a group on after your session, you must exit the facility immediately after.
- All participants entering the facility must wear a face mask. Skaters will be permitted to remove their face masks when they enter the ice surface but must put the mask back once their session is completed.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times on the ice surface. Skaters and coaches must remain 6 feet away at all times.
- The washrooms are for emergency use only. It is not a change room. It will be limited to 3 people at a time and will be disinfected regularly. Users must sanitize their hands outside the washroom before entering and wash their hands thoroughly after using the washroom.
- Participants must bring their own filled water bottle.
- Participants are asked to bring their own tissues.
- The Mariposa office will remain closed.
- Upon registration, all payments must be made in advance on the website or via e-transfer and paid in full.
All skaters must register online, complete Skate Ontario Waiver, health screening will be done at the front door.
An individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19
- If an individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone is aware of an individual that becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, that individual must immediately stop participation in club or skating school activities.
• The individual should be isolated from all others in a well-ventilated area, or outside and provided with a non-medical face mask if one is available
• The individual shall be sent home and instructed to follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing
• The facility should be informed in order to determine if any areas need to be closed off and/or require additional cleaning/disinfecting
• A member of the COVID-19 Oversight Group should be informed of the situation and should contact the individual or their parent/guardian to determine if next steps are being taken regarding testing
We would like to inform you of the individuals who will be acting as the COVID-19 Oversight Group as we transition back to skating activities. The following people will comprise this COVID-19 Oversight Group.
Paul Matheson Co-Owner 705.321.3414 email@example.com
David Islam Co-Owner 705-241-4171 firstname.lastname@example.org
Azure-Dee Perkins Office Team 705-333-3385 email@example.com
Trinette Goarley Office Team 705-623-1227 firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about any aspects of the Return to Play protocols or other policies and
procedures related to COVID-19, please contact one of the individuals above