CanSkate is a dynamic learn-to-skate program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. Based on Sport Canada’s long term athlete development (LTAD) principles, CanSkate centers on physical literacy and the fundamental skills needed to take part in any ice sport or to skate as a recreational activity. Canskaters must be 5 years of age OR passed stage one to do this program.
Please email our Co-ordinator, Azure Dee Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org to help with any questions that you may have.
Taught by NCCP-trained professional coaches, assisted by trained program assistants.
Price + HST:
- One Day $104.00 (Monday $83.20 to reflect one less session)
- Two Days $199.00
- Three Days $269.00
- Four Days $299.00
Saturday, Sunday and THURSDAY SESSIONs are NOW FULL
For questions pertaining to the program please contact Azure Dee Perkins at email@example.com or regarding registration firstname.lastname@example.org
All skaters and parents entering the building MUST show proof of completing this self check in for the City. We are able to welcome parents back to the viewing area! Parents are permitted in the STANDS only (skate tying information is provided below)
Here are the instructions for Mariposa to use the online screening form.
On the day of the activity or visit to the recreation centre:
- Go to play.barrie.ca
- Click the red “COVID-19 Screening Form” button.
This will take the user to the online form. To fill out the form, follow the steps below. An asterisk (*) indicates a mandatory field.
- Select location from the drop-down menu
- Select “Other” as the Pre-Registered Activity
- Select “Mariposa Skating Club” in the community group drop-down menu
- The date of the activity will automatically be populated to today’s date.
- Select the time of entry using the “Start Time” options
- Enter the participant’s name
- Under age of participant, if “Yes” is selected, a menu will appear requiring the parent/guardian’s name, email, and phone number. If “No” is selected, only the participant’s email and phone number is required.
- Read the screening questions and choose the appropriate response. If “yes”, please do not attend the activity. If “no”, click “Submit” and you will see this screen
- show proof to attendant at door when entering building
- please familiarize yourselves with the Skate Ontario RTP Protocols 8.0(attached). In particular, on page 8, item ONA-002. The only space where masks are not required is on the ice during physical activity.
- Also review pages 11-15. You will find the 3 contacts for the COVID-19 Oversight Group listed below.