Tuesday Turns and Transitions
September 7th- October 5th 4:00-4:50 Allandale Recreation Centre Red Rink
September 9th- October 6th 4:00-4:50 Allandale Recreation Centre Blue Rink
All skaters must be registered with Skate Canada for the 2021/2022 season in addition to purchasing a Punch Card for sessions. To purchase a Skate Canada Membership click:
PLEASE NOTE: All Edge & Balance classes have moved to a Punch Card system. This self-serve system allows for total scheduling flexibility. Buy a pass and then create a PunchPass account to reserve the classes you want. Please reserve all of the class times you want in advance. You can cancel any class within 24 hours of the class starting and reserve an alternate class. Your Punchpass will expire by the end of each 5 week class.
Please refer to our Punchpass Tutorials https://skatemariposa.com/punchpass-tutorials/
Punch pass can be used on either Tuesday or Thursday Classes
Each series consists of five sessions dedicated to the specific area of focus. For example the Backwards Series is a five week program all based around improving backward skating. Each session within the series combines work and repetition on foundational elements (Edge And Balance) from each focus area . In addition to the Edge and Balance component, more specific and advanced work will be introduced in the area of focus to help each player build confidence in the session’s specific skating focus. By including the often overlooked foundational Edge And Balance component in each session, the players will more quickly grasp and execute the more advanced elements of the skill.
Each session will have two certified Mariposa instructors on it and is guaranteed to have Paul Matheson as one of the instructors a minimum of four of the five sessions.
Each session will also be divided into groups based on age/level to ensure athletes are in their ideal learning environment.
Limited to a maximum of 12 students.
Must be born between 2007 and 2013 to participate in Edge and Balance “PLUS” program.
Please send all registration inquiries to email@example.com
All skaters and parents entering the building MUST show proof of completing this self check in for the City. We are able to welcome parents back to the viewing area! Parents are permitted in the STANDS only (skate tying information is provided below)
Here are the instructions for Mariposa to use the online screening form.
On the day of the activity or visit to the recreation centre:
- Go to play.barrie.ca
- Click the red “COVID-19 Screening Form” button.
This will take the user to the online form. To fill out the form, follow the steps below. An asterisk (*) indicates a mandatory field.
- Select location from the drop-down menu
- Select “Other” as the Pre-Registered Activity
- Select “Mariposa Skating Club” in the community group drop-down menu
- The date of the activity will automatically be populated to today’s date.
- Select the time of entry using the “Start Time” options
- Enter the participant’s name
- Under age of participant, if “Yes” is selected, a menu will appear requiring the parent/guardian’s name, email, and phone number. If “No” is selected, only the participant’s email and phone number is required.
- Read the screening questions and choose the appropriate response. If “yes”, please do not attend the activity. If “no”, click “Submit” and you will see this screen
- show proof to attendant at door when entering building
- please familiarize yourselves with the Skate Ontario RTP Protocols 8.0(attached). In particular, on page 8, item ONA-002. The only space where masks are not required is on the ice during physical activity.
- Also review pages 11-15. You will find the 3 contacts for the COVID-19 Oversight Group listed below.
All skaters must be registered with Skate Canada.