Mariposa School of Skating has Day Time “Ticket Ice” available for skaters September – June. We operate hourly sessions Monday to Friday 6:30am – 3:40pm. Monthly memberships and 10 packs are available for skaters. All sessions must be reserved and paid for prior to skating. Session can be switched up to 48 prior to your chosen time slot after the 48 hour your time slot CANNOT be changed.
After consultation with and following the advice of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the City has implemented some changes to ensure our area residents have access to our programs at our recreation centres. This includes limiting reservations to individuals, families and groups living in the Simcoe Muskoka region until further notice. This is in response to a large influx of individuals and groups using our recreation facilities from outside the Simcoe Muskoka region. Mariposa is currently not accepting any new members from Red or Gray zones at this time.
Updates Covid-19 Skate Ontario Waiver to be completed once for the skating season 2020/2021
Health Screen Questions to be completed by each participant and attending parent prior to skating EVERY DAY
- We are presently only taking reservations for 8 skaters per session in the event there is mandated restrictions from the government on Ontario. We are asking that you please enrol for the waiting list if the session is at capacity. If we are not restricted, we will increase our session numbers and you will be contacted via e-mail
- Day Ice sessions will not take place for Singles between December 23rd and January 3rd. Dance/Pairs ice will Day Ice sessions from December 21st and 28th. December Gold and Silver monthly fees have been reduced to reflect decreased availability.
All Monthly Silver and Gold Monthly Memberships include priority reservations and off-ice zoom programming, and Ann Green membership.
Monthly, Weekly, Daily and Elementary pass expire
Ten pass is good for a season (September-March)
Mariposa Code of Conduct and Expectations
As a member of Mariposa School of Skating, there is an expectation to represent our organization in a respectful and responsible manner. When at practice, functions, competitions, exhibitions, it is of the utmost importance that Parents, Skaters, Coaches, Team managers, and supporters affiliated with Mariposa School of skating adhere to the following expectations;
•Always behave in a professional and courteous manner
• Arrive on time and be prepared
• Follow the expectations and requests of your coaches
• Be respectful to other parents, skaters, coaches, competitors, officials, and volunteers
• Do not negatively comment on other competitors, judges, marks or placements.
• Abide by Skate Canada’s Code of Ethics and Skate Canada’s Parent Code of Conduct
• Refrain from using profanity
• Skaters must look presentable and if required, wear Mariposa apparel.
• On sessions skaters will maintain a high level of respect, professionalism and training intensity.
- Skaters will have access to dressing rooms to prepare for skating. There will be 10 spots marked in each room. There will be 2-3 rooms open in both the Blue and Red rinks. Use rooms in the rink you are skating on.
- Sit in front of the grey strip on the wall of the dressing room…… “Spine to the line”
- Do not leave skates and belongings in the dressing room when you are finished your session, even if you are returning for a session later in the day. If you are skating consecutive sessions you can stay.in that spot.
- The Coaches room is not available to drop off skate bags.
- Dressing room bathrooms will be locked and unavailable. Skaters will continue to have access to public bathrooms in lower lobbies.
- As a consideration to other skaters please bring a wipe to disinfect your bench area once you are done.
- Masks must be worn in the dressing rooms. Masks can be removed once you take the ice.
- Blue and Red rinks will accommodate viewing in the upper areas of the arena.
- Parent (one parent per skater) will check-in at the desk with the City employee at the front door, answer the Covid-19 related questions and record a name and contact number for tracing purposes. Then you will proceed up the ramp to the rink your child is skating.
- Seats are not to be used. Parents must stand behind the upper railing.
- Parents should only be present at the start of their skater’s session and leave immediately at the conclusion of the session.
- The Blue Rink lobby (upper and lower) and Red Rink warm viewing area are not open.
- The Mariposa office is not open.
- Bathrooms at the top of the ramp, in front of the Senior’s Hall, will be open for emergency use..
- Masks must be worn in all areas of the facility.
- Sanitize your hands upon arriving and leaving the facility
- Parents are also asked to physically distance while viewing.