Dear members and registrants,
Following up on the communication dated March 13, 2020, regarding Skate Canada’s COVID-19 response, the situation continues to change as expected and consequently we have revised our position.
The events of the past days and weeks have been unprecedented and the federal, provincial and municipal governments have implemented several new restrictions.
Effective March 19, 2020, all Skate Canada sanctioned activities and programming are suspended until further notice.
We acknowledge the immense amount of work that has been done by our sections, clubs and skating schools this season. Many difficult decisions are being made during this global pandemic and the health and safety of our entire membership is our top priority. Skate Canada will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation and provide updates as information evolves.
Please contact your club or section directly if you have been impacted by cancelled activities, events, or competitions to inquire about their cancellation and refund policy.
As always please always follow proper hygiene as noted below and be safe.
Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others. Please use the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand. Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean high-touch surfaces frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (a 9/1 water-to-bleach ratio is recommended)
- Avoid physical contact and getting too close to others, including shaking hands and hugging.
- If you are a healthy individual, the use of a mask is not recommended for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
If you are sick or have any symptoms of respiratory illness such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing, please stay at home, consult with your physician or public heath authorities and follow their instructions. Limit contact with others and avoid interaction with individuals who are ill.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 1-888-747-2372 ext: 703.
For more information please visit the following resources:
Government of Canada: COVID-19 Canada’s Response
Government of Canada: Outbreak Update
Government of Canada: COVID-19 Travel Advice
Government of Canada: COVID-19 Symptoms and Treatment
Government of Canada: COVID-19 Prevention and Risks
Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
Government of Canada novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397