Simcoe County’s own City of Barrie continues to be one of Canada’s fastest growing and dynamic cities. An expansive beach-lined waterfront overlooking Kempenfelt Bay, numerous restaurants and exciting nightlife only begin to cover what Barrie has to offer – and that’s only within the city! Barrie is located at the heart of it all, central to Toronto, cottage-country, unbeatable skiing and picturesque wilderness, and a half hour from some of Ontario’s most sought-after destinations. Experience our historic downtown, relax in one of our many beautiful parks and indulge in any of our exciting events and you’ll see what everyone else has been talking about!
The nearest airport is Toronto Pearson International Airport YYZ – 1 hour south of Barrie.
The City of Barrie is approximately:
- 2.5 hours from Niagara Falls – www.niagarafallstourism.com
- 1 hour from Muskoka – www.discovermuskoka.ca
- 2 hours from Algonquin Park – www.algonquinpark.on.ca
- 2 hours from Haliburton – www.experiencehaliburton.com
Short Term Accommodations
These local hotels and resorts offer special rates for skaters and their families. Be sure to ask for Mariposa School of Skating Rates!
- Days Inn Barrie 1-705-733-8989 or 1-866-335-8989
- Georgian Summer Suites 1-705-722-5190
- Hampton Inn & Suites 1-705-719-9666 or 1-866-613-0066
- Holiday Inn 1-705-728-6191 or 1-877-728-6191
Long Term Accommodations
At Mariposa we will make arrangements for International students to lodge with host families during their stay. There are opportunities for families coming with skaters to rent apartments and houses during your stay. For those types of arrangements please contact us directly. firstname.lastname@example.org